This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

19 October 2005

Why believe you deserve it just because it's in the policy book?

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Mike had to take off work yesterday. I had to take off today. This morning the president of the company launched an investigation to see how much time-off we had left because he thinks we take vacation too often. Neither of us has taken off any more than we've had coming to us. He's just mad that he's not going to get the usual five-second glance of us on the three days he bothers to show up at the office this week.

So, I check my work e-mail from home, and see the message from Franz that is the result of this investigation. The ironic thing being that the very next message in my inbox was Franz telling everybody that he will not be in tomorrow.

Apparently I also missed a confrontation between Mike and Rod. The work "jerk" was used and minor bloodshed followed. I'd tell you more, but this is really one of those deals where you have to know the players in person to appreciate how truly stupid Rod is.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, Mike said a lot of suits were running around the building today. Maybe they're looking to sell the place. Here's hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home