This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

07 October 2005

"Let them eat..." stuff that will lead to food poisoning

This one isn't actually a comment about the company, so I'm going to forego the usual Dilbert Rating. This is really just a double-rant that I think many can understand.

Rant 1 - vending machine ebola incubator
We have a vending machine in the lunchroom that has sandwiches in it. At the end of the week, the guy comes, refills the machine, and leaves anything past it's date on the table for people to have if they want it. Now, I'm no germ-freak, and I'm the first one to stand up and admit that I've eaten 3-day-old pizza that never made it to a refrigerator. But these are factory-made sandwiches that are already past their due-date, that the guy then sets on the table to marinate at room temperature for however long it takes the right employee to stumble across and take them (and I've seen them disappear after sitting for 6 or more hours). Ungh. And some of those are BREAKFAST sandwiches, man...week-old eggs in croissants that have been sitting at room temp for most of the workday. If the bacteria don't get ya, you'll still love the preservatives. Foul man...just foul.

Rant 2 - How useless are you
There's a community refrigerator that I put my lunch in every day. I always have to find some way to bury it amongst all the other crap in some way that will still allow me to shut the door. This thing is full of half-to-mostly-empty Chinese food containers, pizza boxes, and drink bottles that haven't moved in a week, so they can't be missed by anyone. It can't take any more effort to walk your empty box to the garbage can than to walk it to the fridge. Just have some blessed common sense! That's the real problem of the stupidity of upper management, it breeds from the top down. And to top it all off, there's a sign on the front of the fridge that says it's cleaned out every Friday so make sure you take out anything you want or it will be tossed. Every Friday - right. Some of that stuff has been in there so long I swear it growled at me when I opened the fridge this morning. Idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home