This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

22 September 2005

'Mat, Come on down! You're the next..."

I proposed to Mike this morning, and he concurred, that we should pitch a new reality show to the networks. It would be an anti-Apprentice style show where 10 people are picked and given jobs at Tyler Gifts. Every week, someone is kicked off, and you hear post-interviews like:

"Thank God! When I failed to do anything productive last week, I was sure they were going to keep me. I just want to say hi to all my friends and family, thank them for their support, and let them know that this experience has changed my life. I'm giving up my reckless lifestyle and going straight from here on out. I never want to be caught in a place like that again!"

Week after week, the useful people are berated and the most useful is fired. The person left standing at the end is punished for his absolute uselessness by being given a lifetime appointment to a mid-level position in the company.

The only catch is, it wouldn't really be lifetime since this place will fold within 3 years. But I bet the "winner" will walk out of here on his knees on the day this place locks the doors, praising God and promising to be a better person for having been given a second chance at life.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as much as i LOVE reality tv, you know i'd be watching this one and rooting for the WORST employee...can we nominate annoying BB6 houseguests to be on this show? i'm thinking april could win this one.

waiting...for more stories...it's been a couple of days.

btw, your child is amazing. i cannot wait to see him in december. he's gonna love me.

and harass mike a little about this girl being the high weekly scorer in the TBFL AND moving to first place in the power rankings...eh? yeaaahhhhh girls rule.

9/27/2005 12:56:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing I talked you into staying in the league.

Hey FUCK TAYLOR GIFTS, CAPTAIN SMILEY FACE AND JUDSON!

I'm out...

9/27/2005 02:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Mat Weller said...

I think you meant "[make love to] TYLER Gifts"...

9/27/2005 02:29:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a whole journal entry dedicated to gifts i'd LOVE to receive for christmas from that lovely establishment of yours...

http://journals.aol.com/rachaelanne21/RAWuncensored/entries/1472

michael...i'm very happy you convinced me. how soon are you gonna have a baby?

9/27/2005 04:50:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home