This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

15 September 2005

Let me get right on that

Dilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert Rating

Apparently, this happened a week or so ago but Mike was too mad to tell me about it. It explains some of his behavior at the time. He was more bitter than usual.

Fairly accurate reproduction of an actual conversation, I b.s. you not…

Rod (VP of catalog stuff, who is not even our boss, by the way): Mike?
Mike: Yeah?
Rod: Your wife is getting close to the end of her pregnancy isn’t she?
Mike: Yeah.
Rod: Can you do me a favor and put me in contact with her doctor?
Mike: What for?
Rod: We want to contact him and ask him to keep us posted when the time comes so we know exactly when to let you leave
Mike: What?
Rod: Well, if she goes into labor in the morning, but won’t actually give birth until the evening, we want to make sure we have you here as long as possible.
Mike: No. When the time comes, I’m going.
Rod: But Mike, you’re very important to business here and we need you.
Mike: No.

Tell me, does that begin to demonstrate how out of touch with reality these people are? These are the people that got pissed at me when I had to be out for Jury Duty–told me I should just “not go.”

I edited my resume two days ago. I start posting it online this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home