This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

05 August 2005

Bemused resignation

Dilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert Rating

There was a meeting with a vendor that I had to sit in on today that included Bill (the president), Franz (VP Marketing), and Matt (VP Sales). There are not words to describe how much of a tool Bill is. I won’t even describe any specific action today because I’m so embarrassed for him (since he’s to dumb to realize how embarrassed he should be for himself) that, in my mind, I keep hearing a sound of bewildered defeat I can only describe as “guh!”, and I can’t form the words to compose it. Franz had his nose so far up Bill’s backside, I’m not even sure how he was able to hear anybody speaking in the meeting over the sound of the muffled digestion gurgles that I can only guess would overwhelm one with his head secured thusly. The only one who behaved like an adult and a human was Matt, and anyone who knows me knows that if I see the sales guy as the shining beacon of hope, it is a dark day indeed.

There wasn’t even a need for me to be in this meeting. Bill wanted a meeting, Franz filled the seats to look important, and I lost an hour of my life and had to pay for it by blushing in front of a vendor who looked at me at least three times with an expression that somehow said, “how low must your self-esteem be to work for a man who obviously cant tie his own shoes in the morning?”

Heh. That brings up an interesting thought. I wonder if wingtips come in Velcro.

SIDE NOTE ABOUT MATT
Matt has his ups and downs. I don’t care for him in general, his management style leaves a LOT to be desired (thank God I don’t work for him in any way). However, sometimes our thoughts run in the same vein. I overheard him say yesterday that he would like to line up all of the VPs and the president, point a gun at the forehead of the first in line, and kill them all with one bullet, because that chunk of lead is about all of them together are worth. I was going to mention to Matt that he is a VP too, and then I realized that he’s so short it wouldn’t matter. If you lined him up with the rest of them and put the gun to his head, he would be the only one to die, the rest would only suffer non-fatal groin wounds. In the interest of the greater good, I leave it to Matt to do his way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home