This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

13 October 2005

There's no "I have a family emergency" in TEAM

Dilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert RatingDilbert Rating

I keep forgetting to relate a tale I've heard multiple times now about a woman who used to work here. Apparently her son had broken his leg at school during the day, and when his mother told Bill she was going home to tend to her son, he told her that he really didn't want her to leave and that he would give her $100 to stay. She stayed. There's so many things wrong with that...

  • How much of an ego must you have to assume the thought of staying even exists? If my kid breaks his leg, I'm leaving. I don't care if you offer me your Mercedes.

  • How much of a power play is it to dangle money in someone's face and taunting someone to choose it over their family?

  • What must that woman think of herself after the fact?

  • What must the kid think of his mother?


Just one more reason I'd watch that man burn if he were on fire.

By the way, this entry is going to drop the pyramid scam job offer entry off the main page. If you haven't red it or the update on the bottom of it, it's worth a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home