This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

14 October 2005

That's a nice head you have there -- be a shame if something happened to it.

So we have this strangeo dude in customer service. We have a number of them, actually. It's an asset for that job, but doesn't make the rest of us feel any safer. Regardless, I'm walking to the restroom today and see him coming the other way. I generally stay pleasant with this guy, 'cause I'd like to think if I do that with folks, they'll give me a head start when they go on their shooting rampage. But like I said, this guy ain't the most stable, so the relationship is tentative at best, plus there might be a little front-office vs. customer-service tension there, I just don't know.

Regardless, it's important to know that I generally sit in silence and do my work for hours on end, so my throat gets dry and I sometimes have trouble getting all the sound out when the time gomes to break my silence.

So I'm walking towards this guy, not having spoken in a while, but I want to be polite and I say "'lo, sir" but some of the inflection got lost in my voice, and I'm afraid it came out sounding more like "loser." There was silence as we passed eachother and now I can't get the nagging thought out of my head that I should probably stop leaving my lunch in the community fridge...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home