This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

10 November 2005

Rod: More of a jackass than any donkey

Three phantom messages today. Three times I had to pick up the phone, dial voicemail, enter my PIN, go through the menu, listen, delete, log out properly (because if you don't, our crappy system doesn't always delete right), and hang up. Three times he could have called or e-mailed and saved me the time. Three times he chose to be an aloof jerkwad instead.

Plus, he did it to me again. I've mentioned before how we send e-mails to everybody on our list every day. Well, I'm taking off tomorrow, which is a Friday, which means that I have to have e-mails ready for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday ready and scheduled to be sent before I can go. It takes roughly 2 hours to put together an e-mail, which means 8 hours, plus I still have other regular duties to maintain. So things are stacked against me.

I jam through the morning reports and other stuff, and I'm into e-mails by 10 AM. By 1 PM, the first one is done. By 3 PM, two more are done. So now I'm feeling good. I may make it, I'm blowin' these things out in good time, plus there aren't any crises in the system to slow me down like there were yesterday. So I send out the tests and jump into the fourth one. As I'm finishing up at 4:30, I look over and see the message light is on. I sigh.

Rod, in his best Office Space voice, says,"Um...Mat, proofread the TG blast and then send it to me again when you get it fixed."

I know, I made a mistake, I'm in the professional world and I need to have things as close to perfect as they can be before sending them out. But that's why we do the internal test. Anybody that writes or designs things will tell you that once you stare at something for a while, you can't see the details, you need fresh eyes to help. So now it's 4:30 and this human doorstop want's me to play "Where's Waldo?" Grow up, you non-helping sack of walrus snot! Save me the time when I'm obviously jammed up and TELL ME WHAT THE ERROR IS! And have enough of a sack to call me directly about it instead of leaving some pansy-ass phantom message that I may or may not notice until Monday.

I mentioned before that I don't consider him human. I'm not jerking around. He's missing something that keeps him from being a part of the real world. Seriously, he is not worth a fart in a hurricane to me. If he and George Bush were drowning, and someone held a gun to my head and forced me to save one, we'd all be paying higher taxes again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home