This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

02 November 2005

The end, my only friend, the end

There was just A LOUD crash behind me in the server room. It was preceeded by a smaller crash and a lot of shouting. Fred's been having more and more trouble getting everything done since Jack left. I know the feeling, but Fred has some issues.

Anyway, from the sound, it seemed like he had gotten mad, kicked one of the shelves and then something collapsed, possibly on him, so I was a little concerned that he was hurt. I went in and there were some parts of a printer scattered on the floor. He looked at me, put a hand on my shoulder smiled genuinely and said he was okay. Then he totally Hyded, spun around, grabbed a chair and launched it to the far end of the room, somehow missing the control console for all of the servers.

"I'm just so pissed! This f***in' printer keeps f***in' up while printing these checks... Look at these f***in' numbers, they're not right! F***!"

So he picks up the chair, marches it back to the doorway and tosses it out into the hallway beside my cubicle. Where Rod had walked by seconds before. I know Rod was cowering in the next room wondering if this was going to be where one of the employees he helped push to the edge finally flipped and gave it back to him. I know he was crouched by the door, shaking and making a puddle. I know he cried. I know all of these things because my mind has created the images and now I can't gt rid of them and I don't want to because they make me happy.

Not this time Rod. But the law of averages says you can't hold out forever. Oh, I hope bodily harm comes to you. Something incapacitating, because you're weak, and you'd totally off yourself afterwards, so then you'd have the pain and then the depression and resulting suicide. It's not cruel of me to think that way because you're not human...you have no soul.

What was I saying? Oh yeah, Fred cooled down, we had a good laugh, and the dust settled. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home