This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

02 November 2005

Deja vu all over again



Man...Customer Service called in 3 temps today. Two are doing fine, the third - not so much. This story doesn't top yesterday's, but it gave me a laugh, especially considering that it is just one day later.

Somewhere around 11 AM, Carly comes overand tells me she had to let another one go today. I guess this temp was having some kind of visible distress that didn't subside, so Carly sent her girl Janelle over again to see what the deal was. When Janelle asked what the problem was, the temp sighed heavily and whined, "I'm not down with how y'all want me to talk all 'white'." Janelle, who is black, asked her what she meant and the temp replied, "Ya know...'yes,' 'please,' 'thank-you'...it's not my style."

When Janelle conveyed this to Carly, Carly came over and told the girl she wouldn't be needed for the rest of the day. "Fo' really-real? That's wassup!"

Black America: take two steps backward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home