This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

17 May 2006

Slip o' the tongue

Two of the ladies I work with were interviewing a potential employee today. They returned from the interview and were whispering VERY quietly to each other. I figured that the conversation was not intended for me, and I was listening to my headphones as usual, so I didn't really pay attention. Some time went by, and they whispered a little more. Then they turned to me and asked, "Could you what we were whispering?"

I thought they were worried I might have heard something and I said, "No, I wasn't really paying attention, and you know how I zone out when I listen to these things."

"Good" they said, and went back to what they were doing.

A few seconds passed and I decided to be nosey. "I don't want to pry much," I said in my conversational voice, which tends to be a bit louder than most people's just because my low tone carries far. "But am I to take it that your whispering means that he didn't get the job?"

One of them smiled a little nervously and said, "Maybe, but the reason we were whispering is because he's still in the room next door with Scott."


Smooth move, Mat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oopsie!

Nice picture!

It pretty much fit the situation. LOL

5/20/2006 12:05:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home