This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

16 February 2006

Sometimes people make me smile

Remember the guy that tried to lure me into his pyramid scheme when I was job hunting? At the end of that post, there is now a comment from somebody that was searching for info on that guy's company and found my post. Isn't that interesting? I mean, he has a site dedicated to his business, and I have two posts in a blog that gets very little traffic, and I come up high enough in the search to get traffic? That's killer! Hopefully it's an indicator of how sad JR's business is.

In other news, I wish there was a way I could link you to Tyler Gifts' website without revealing their true identity and opening myself up for a slander suit. From what I hear, the new girl - who was hired to do web design - doesn't know much about HTML which is a bit like applying to be head chef at a steakhouse, but not having much familiarity with meat. She apparently doesn't have the best grasp on PhotoShop either, because the home page of the site looks like dung today. Way to rep your $30 million/year company, guys! Bet you're glad you got to save a little money on my replacement, what does it really matter if your site looks less professional than something some dude would run out of his basement.

So, I sent them an e-mail offering to do freelance work for them for a reasonable fee...if they pay in advance.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it with a redacted PDF?

2/17/2006 02:45:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i checked out the site...i hate to be hard on the poor girl...but is it just me, or is the text on the lefthand side REALLY blurry? and the whole primary image is blurry to me, too. i swear i'm wearing my glasses.

i hope her training goes very well.

2/17/2006 03:50:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home