This is all about when a job goes wrong, when corporate America is left to run things with no responsibility whatsoever. Please feel free to comment and commiserate. I'm sure I'll be in need of a co-author to the book this just _has_ to become.

17 January 2006

Confirmation!


this is an audio post - click to play

So that's the deal. They love me, I love them, and they worked with me on salary. It's perfect. PLUS I'm going to be on a Mac again -- a new box with a studio display monitor. PLUS I'm going to get to do more design work, which I've been missing for a long time. PLUS it's the most "professional" company I've been in since my internship. PLUS I get a 50% discount on the very nice clothing they sell -- I may grow up yet! (okay, not yet...but the clothes are there when I get to grey to fake it anymore)

*joyful sigh*

There was some tension this morning. They asked me for samples of the stuff I've been doing lately, which made me think they were having second thoughts. Plus I didn't actually get the call until I was on my way home, which made for an unsure day. But in the end all was well. They wanted to see the samples to see what kind of stuff I have been working on recently so they can compare it to what they want me to do. The day dragged out because there were e-mail difficulties getting them the samples.

Ahhhhhhhh. I feel like I finally got the courage to ask out the girl I'd been checking out for a while and she's accepted and admitted she's been checking me out for a while too. Thanks to you all for being so supportive! I seriously have the best friends ever!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most excellent of news!!! Congratulatoins man! Now you won't have to be so tense with the whole work environment!

:)

Excellent news!

Nice audio post as well, darn that Microshaft as they haven't advanced that far with their bit yet. Everytime I send an email asking them about particular features, I get the same cookie cutter letter saying that it will be there in the future. LOL

1/18/2006 07:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Allied Insurance Brokers said...

WOOHOO!!! As someone who has had most of the crappy jobs available in the market today, I literally just breathed a sigh of relief!!! Enjoy the new position. And we all expect discounts on clothing as well...

1/18/2006 10:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Mat Weller said...

Yeah, man. Discounts are certainly going to be available, just ask me when you're shopping and I'll hook something up for you.

Thanks, both [all] of you for the support! I'm pretty geeked about the whole situation. It combines a couple big firsts for me that are reasons to be proud: first truly good interview, first office job I've gotten without the influence of a friend, first time I made sure the place met MY conditions as much as I met theirs, etc.

1/18/2006 10:02:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home